Recognizing that it is a great privilege to have been granted permission to be a self-insurer under the Workers’ Compensation Laws of the State of Ohio; and recognizing that there are certain legal and ethical obligations attached to this privilege;
We pledge to abide by the following principles and practices:
- Being of sufficient size and financial ability to do so, we pledge to establish and maintain a workers’ compensation department and program, which will administer the Workers’ Compensation Laws fairly and impartially to all employees.
- We pledge to self-administer our Workers’ Compensation program; promptly investigating all workers’ compensation matters with a view toward prompt reporting and prompt payment in all meritorious cases; to have a concern about the welfare of the insured employee and his family, to the end that the terms and spirit of the workers’ compensation laws are met.
- We encourage an accident prevention program designed to minimize, reduce and, wherever possible, eliminate accidents so as to provide our employees with a safe and healthful work environment; and to encourage safe working habits among our employees.
- We pledge to provide or make available to all injured employees a rehabilitation program designed to restore the injured employee to wage earning status with a minimum of residual disability.
- We pledge to maintain our capability to administer the self-insurance program we have established and to keep abreast of all changes in the law, whether by legislative change or court interpretation.
With the help and assistance of other self-insurers throughout our association in the Ohio Self-Insurers Association, we pledge to analyze the true meaning of self-insurance to fulfill all of our obligations to our fellow members and the laws of the State.